PUREFRUIT™ Monk Fruit Extract sweeteners have a wide application in foods and beverages and can be used where reduced sugar or no sugar added is required, including juices, juice drinks, flavoured waters, carbonated beverages, yoghurt, cereals and nutrition bars.
PUREFRUIT™ Monk Fruit Extract offers key benefits and advantages:
- Taste - cleaner taste than typical stevia-based sweeteners (not including TASTEVA Stevia Sweetener), which enables formulating at higher sweetness levels (Tate & Lyle testing shows PUREFRUIT™ Select is preferred almost 9-to-1 over reb A)
- Natural sweetness from monk fruit - appeals to consumers
- Ease of use - stable across a range of applications
- Higher maximum achievable sweetness
- Cost in use - competitive with other natural /non-nutritive sweeteners/sweetener systems
PUREFRUIT™ Monk Fruit Extract sweeteners are very stable at both acid and neutral pH, and they are stable in typical food manufacturing processes such as pasteurisation. Moreover, they display good solubility and can easily be incorporated into food systems.
Tate & Lyle research shows synergies exist with sweeteners such as sucrose and fructose. In fact, PUREFRUIT™ Monk Fruit Extract sweeteners can be used with other sweeteners, and blends can be developed to give the desired taste and nutritional composition. Tate & Lyle has substantial experience in sweetener system technology and can collaborate with customers to speed their product development efforts.
PUREFRUIT™ Monk Fruit Extract has a two-year shelf life.